Let's Get It Ladies

Let's Get It Ladies

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel


Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel

I bought this acne clearing gel during August because my face was breaking out here and there especially my forehead. I had a big one at the tip of my nose, a dozen of small pimples on my forehead and some huge red ones near the temple of my forehead. August in NYC is no joke... It is VERY hot and painfully humid.  I went to Sephora, hoping to find a product that will clear up my acne and prevent dark sports from forming and this was recommended for me. 

Description: 
Maximum strength salicylic acid 2% acne treatment that clears up acne, blemishes & blackheads. Helps prevent new breakouts with anti-aging glycolic acid 10% complex. Helps minimize the look of acne marks and residual discolorations.

Oil-free, fragrance-free deep pore clearing gel. An advanced formulation to clear up whiteheads, acne blemishes, blackheads, refine pores and help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne marks and residual discolorations.

Key Ingredients & Benefits: 

2% Salicylic Acid: a BHA, clears up active acne blemishes and prevents from returning.

10% Glycolic Acid Complex: an AHA that helps to exfoliate dead surface skin cells and stimulate cellular turnover. 

Aloe: soothes and hydrates and protect the skin from irritation.

Retinyl Palmitate: a form of Vitamin A which is an effective wrinkle fighter that's more gentle than retinol.

Licorice: a natural plant extract that has anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties.

Arnica:
a natural plant extract that has been known to help reduce inflammation.

Credits to http://www.peterthomasroth.com/p-78-ahabha-acne-clearing-gel-34-oz.aspx

What do I think about the product? 
I LOVE IT. I love the ingredients in it and it's paraben free! The gel texture feels cool on my face and I like the smell too. It has a medicine-y hospital smell which might be a turn off for some people but it makes me feel like I invested a $200 acne ointment but instead I paid for $54. For my forehead, it was a blessing that I bought it. The next day the pimples turned from bright angry red to a light pink skin color. If you touch or rub the affected area, there will be some dead skin rolling off thanks to the Glycolic Acid. It's a great product to invest and it really helps get that junk out. It helped ease the blackheads out and help exfoliate around it. 
Now the negative side to this product is the stinging sensation. Some people love it, some people don't. If you put a lot of it on your affected area, it will hurt and sting like crazy especially on bright red pimples. Start with a little bit and then increase the product. I only recommend using this product when you have moderate to severe acne. I find that using the gel when my face has almost cleared up didn't do much. So I left my pimples alone and let it breathe. In the end, I only use this product when my pimples are becoming severe. It fights well against acne!

PROS
-very soothing for the pimples
-minimize redness 
-healing 
-deeply cleans the pores
-exfoliates well 
-the ingredients are amazing and powerful!

CONS
-burning/stinging sensation if you put too much

Rate 9/10          Purchase it via      Amazon   or    Sephora

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fellow Cindy - I'm a new blogger too! I'm now following you on Bloglovin' and Google. Can you follow me too? I am trying to increase my readership! thanks much! PS I love Clinique products - especially their cake eyeliner that you apply with water. Wish it came out in more than black and brown!

    countrycitycindy@blogspot.com

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fellow Cindy - I'm a new blogger too! I'm now following you on Bloglovin' and Google. Can you follow me too? I am trying to increase my readership! thanks much! PS I love Clinique products - especially their cake eyeliner that you apply with water. Wish it came out in more than black and brown!

    countrycitycindy@blogspot.com

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete